Heritage sites, most importantly, give children a sense of pride and a greater awareness of their local area and the heritage contained within it. Heritage and its history give young children a greater awareness of the history surrounding these institutions, and gives them a wider awareness of the issues that faced, are facing and will face the world they are growing up in – it can provide an awareness of national issues that they might otherwise find hard to possess. It is also important to highlight that awareness of heritage and local history can give children a sense of national identity – it gives them something in common with other groups that they otherwise might not identify with, either because of the lack of common ground, or the lack of reason to do so.
Education and art programs are the best ways to introduce heritage to children at the grass-root level. Therefore, this year, Art for Change invites all budding artists between 4-15 years from all across the World to draw/paint on the theme "Local & World Heritage" and show their heritage countries' heritage sites to the World through their drawing/painting and through Art for Change exhibition.
This year's theme is "Local & World Heritage".
Children may draw/paint heritage sites at a local or at a national level in their own countries. They can also draw/paint local/world heritage sites of other countries, however, sites from their own countries are preferred.
Category-I: 4 - 7 Years
Category-II: 8 - 11 Years
Category-III: 12 - 15 Years
Rules & Guidelines
- Age Limit: Eligibility of participants ranges from 4 – 15 years of age.
- Number of Entries: Participants may submit up to a maximum of 2 art entries with each entry having a separate submission fee.
- Size of Artwork: Only A3 size (12” inches x 17” inches) sheets should be used for all types of artworks. Any other size will automatically be disqualified.
- Medium: The work may be drawn or painted in pencil, pen, charcoal, crayon, pastel, watercolor, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster color, and collage. We are looking for hand-drawn colorful artwork- they should not use digital tools to create their artwork. For display purposes, colorful entries are preferred. Only 2D artworks will be accepted.
- The entries employing colors that can be dusted or wiped off or that could dirty other entries when dealt with together must be fixed.
- Submission Forms: Works of art must be labeled using the artwork submission form which should be filled in fully and neatly (available on our website). Please do not write on the front of the artwork. Any artwork having a name on the front will be disqualified.
- Any artwork received with incomplete or without the submission form will not be accepted.
- Artwork Submission Form is important if your work is selected and we request you to mail us.
- Judging: The entries will be judged by a panel of senior jury artists. The entries will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity and imagination, relevance to the theme, and visual impact.
- Discovering New Artists reserves copyrights on all submitted pieces. No artwork & entry fee will be returned or refundable.
- All work will remain the property of the Discovering New Artists which may use, sell, or exhibit them for promotion of artworks and marketing of the program.
- Uploading & Mailing Art Entries: All entries should be uploaded on the online registration page against the names of the students (www.discoveringnewartists.org/afc_isrf/). If the entries are selected for exhibition, DNA will request you to courier those selected entries at the given address by deadline to be included for the exhibitions.
- Discovering New Artists is not responsible if some works do not reach them.
- Announcement: The results will be announced on our website and Facebook page. All the selected school entries will be notified through their school emails. Only individual entries will be notified on their emails. Non-selected entrants will not be notified of the results.
- e-certificates will be sent to the school’s official email address which can then be emailed to all the participants. Individual participants will receive the e-certificates on their emails.
- All the cash prizes and honorariums will be paid through PayPal accounts. All teachers must have PayPal accounts in order to receive the honorariums. Moreover, the winners will be awarded their prizes through their parents’/ guardians’ PayPal accounts.
Judging will be based on the following criteria
1. Originality 2. Creativity & Interpretation 3. Relevance to Theme 4. Visual Impact
Prizes & Accolades
9 Cash Prizes | 100 best artworks e-certificates | National & International Exhibition | School Winners
International Prize Money Awards
9 cash prizes will be awarded to 3 top winners from each of the above following three categories (Category I - III).
1st Prize: $200 USD + e-certificate + Artwork s Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
2nd Prize: $100 USD + e-certificate + Artwork s Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
3rd Prize: $50 USD + e-certificate + Artwork s Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
100 best artworks will be selected for exhibitions all across Pakistan and internationally.
Cash Prize (School Winners)
1 school winner will be awarded prize money of $50 USD from each school and the artwork will be displayed online at DNA Global Children’s Art Gallery.
*Please note that school winners are only eligible from private schools. Winners of the International Cash Prize are not eligible for this prize.
*Schools submitting a minimum of 100 art entries will only be eligible for the above prize money.
Special Accolades for School Principals/Coordinators/Art Teachers/ Students
- Upon submitting a minimum of 100 artworks from a school;
- The School Principal will receive an Art for Change e-certificate of Appreciation.
- Each Art Teacher contributing a minimum of 100 entries will receive a cash honorarium of USD $100/- for making a positive impact and supporting marginalized children.e-Certificate of Participation will be given to each participating student.
- Each selected participant for the exhibition will receive an e-certificate and a display of artworks in exhibitions across Pakistan and internationally.
- Discovering New Artists will exhibit the top 100 selected artworks from international countries in exhibitions in Pakistan and international platforms.
You can submit your artworks by
Monday, 21st December 2020
No artworks will be accepted after the deadline
Fee per Art Entry: USD 10/-
Please note that a minimum of 25 entries is a must for school entries.
The fee can only be paid online through a Credit Card/ Debit Card or a PayPal account at the time of checkout on the registration portal.
For all the selected artworks, please attach the artwork submission form at the back of the artwork.
If your artwork is selected as a winner or for the exhibition, we will request you to mail it to us at the given address before a specific date in an email. Therefore, do not forget to mention your email in the registration form.
Ms. Sidra Ali (Director Programmes)
Art for Change Submissions
Discovering New Artists
50-E, Sui Gas Society (Near DHA Phase V)
Tel: +92 322 4102159 | +92 335 414 2241