PROGRAMMES COORDINATOR – JOB Description
Title: Programmes Coordinator
Organization: Discovering New Artists
- Report To: Director Programmes
- Position: Full Time (Hybrid Position – Based in Lahore)
- Days: 40 hours/week: 8 hours Monday – Friday
- Contract Duration: Valid till June 2024 (Renewable on Performance)
- Start Date: July 2023 (Immediately)
Discovering New Artists
DNA is a youth led social enterprise that provides an innovative space for children to utilize their strengths, discover their identities, find meaning in the community and explore the world connections through the process of art and design. It creates creative learning opportunities integrated into arts and design for students from both private and low-income sectors through its one-to-one model.
DNA has promoted arts education which was once considered to be an extra subject by the majority of parents in Pakistan and was not given importance in the development of children. DNA has educated more than 123,000 students on various social and global issues and enabled more than 46,960 children and youth to directly participate in its programmes. DNA aims to reach 500,000 students and youth by 2025, educating them about social and global issues through arts and STEM education.
Programmes Coordinator – Duties and Responsibilities
The Programmes Coordinator will be responsible to adhere to the following responsibilities (not limited to);
- Coordinate and implement DNA programmes across the schools nationally.
- Reach out to early, primary, and secondary schools and school networks across Pakistan to increase the number of students for maximum impact.
- Market and deliver the idea of the DNA programmes to all the principals, school heads, and teachers for maximum impact.
- Increase the visibility of the DNA programmes across all channels.
- Make recommendations to Director Programmes regarding the strategies to increase the participation level in all DNA programmes nationwide and internationally.
- Organize and oversee the design & implementation of the DNA Projects.
- Ensure a team-based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Determine the human and physical resources needed for programmes/projects and ensure that they are available at the appropriate time.
- Day-to-Day management of programmes and projects and personnel involved.
- Contribute to the strategy days to develop and develop effective partnership strategy for programmes delivery.
- Develop and maintain partnerships, which support programme development and the prograrmme plan.
- Coordinate content for monthly reports and newsletters that inform about the progress of the projects and programmes.
- Be available for the meetings at any time during the working hours with DNA team and its associate (in-person or virtually) partners for effective programme delivery and monitoring and evaluation.
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Occasional travel to Lahore or Islamabad for meetings and/or events (if required).
- Manage and lead events such as launch programmes, exhibitions, art workshops etc.
Following qualifications are preferred
- A Master’s Degree is preferred but Bachelors (Hons.) in relevant field from a recognized university is a must.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluency in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Strong interest in making a difference in society.
- General IT competence and command of Microsoft Office programs, Skype, Zoom, Canva etc.
- Internet communication and social media skills.
- Ability to conduct presentations is a must.
The salary range for the position will be determined based on the qualification and experience of the candidate hired. Please note that the interviews will be conducted online.
Please email your cover letter and CV/Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org NO later than Monday, 10th July 2023.