Art for Change - Bangladesh
Every year Discovering New Artists (DNA) aims to introduce SDGs based themes with the purpose to enlighten and nurture our young minds at a grass-root level. This year, again, we have introduced 3 themes that are age-appropriate to create their artwork(s). This year Art for Change is supported by the Queen's Commonwealth Trust (QCT) and Discovering New Artists have partnered with Multi-Schools Council, UK, and Grow Your Reader Foundation, Bangladesh to achieve our targets to benefit thousands of students from all economic backgrounds.
This year's themes are
1. Innovate for Future (for 8-15 years)
2. Girls Education (for 8-15 years)
3. Colours of Nature (for 4-7 years)
Innovate for Future (Open to children from 8-15 years of age)
In tomorrow’s world, effective innovation will mean not only embracing technological developments but also harnessing imagination and creativity for a sustainable future. In the words of Apple founder, Steve Jobs: “Our job is to figure out what they’re going to want before they do. Henry Ford once said, ‘If I’d asked customers what they wanted, they would’ve told me a faster horse’. People don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”
Innovate for Future is a wide theme and we want children and young people to draw/paint on innovating designs for sustainable future education, alternative and eco-friendly power sources, sustainable transport, environment, urban infrastructure, food and agriculture, aviation and aerospace industry, and science and health industry.
Girls Education (Open to children from 8-15 years of age)
Education is the basic building block of every society. Investing in girls’ education transforms communities, countries, and the entire world. Girls’ education strengthens economies and reduces inequality. It contributes to more stable, resilient societies that give all individuals – including boys and men – the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
We want our children and young people to draw/paint on the above theme by being as creative as possible to highlight the importance of girls’ education and to create more equitable societies.
The Colours of Nature (Open to children from 4-7 years of age)
We believe that the past couple of years have been challenging for everyone but once again nature and our world have played a significant part in our mental, physical & emotional health, and general wellbeing. We have watched the seasons and landscape change and many of us have learnt to truly appreciate how beautiful our world is whilst enjoying, walking, and observing our countries.
We want the children and young people to think about nature all around them to produce a piece of artwork that captures the colours of nature.
Category-I: 4 - 7 Years
Category-II: 8 - 11 Years
Category-III: 12 - 15 Years
Rules & Guidelines
- Age Limit: The eligibility of participants ranges from 4 – 15 years of age.
- Number of Entries: Participants may submit up to a maximum of 2 art entries with each entry having a separate submission fee.
- Size of Artwork: Only A3 size (12” inches x 17” inches) sheets should be used for all types of artworks. Any other size will automatically be disqualified.
- Medium: The work may be drawn or painted in pencil, pen, charcoal, crayon, pastel, watercolour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour, and collage. We are looking for hand-drawn colourful artworks - they should not use digital tools to create their artworks. For display purposes, colourful entries are preferred. Only 2D artworks will be accepted.
- Submission Forms: Works of art must be labelled using the artwork submission form which should be filled in fully and neatly (available on our website). Please do not write on the front of the artwork. Any artwork having a name on the front will be disqualified.
- Judging: The entries will be judged by a panel of senior jury artists. The entries will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity and imagination, relevance to the theme, and visual impact.
- The Artwork Submission Form is important if your work is selected and we request you to mail us.
- Discovering New Artists reserves copyrights on all submitted pieces. No artworks & entry fees will be returned or refundable.
- All works will become the property of the Discovering New Artists which may use, sell, or exhibit them for promotion and within its own programs and activities.
- Uploading & Mailing Art Entries: All entries should be uploaded on the online registration page against the names of the students (discoveringnewartists.org/bgd_isrf/). If the entries are selected for exhibition, DNA will request you to courier those selected entries at the given address by the deadline to be included in the exhibitions.
- Discovering New Artists is not responsible if some works do not reach them.
- Announcement: The results will be announced on our website and Facebook page. All the selected school entries will be notified through their school emails. Only individual entries will be notified on their emails. Non-selected entrants will not be notified of the results.
- Prizes & Certificates: e-certificates will be sent to the school’s official email address which can then be emailed to all the participants. Individual participants will receive the e-certificates on their emails. All the cash prizes and honorariums will be paid through PayPal accounts. All school teachers/administration must have PayPal accounts in order to receive the honorariums. Moreover, the winners will be awarded their prizes through their parents’/guardians’ PayPal accounts.
- All International prizes and accolades are inclusive for all international countries including Bangladesh.
- Note: The winners are required to acknowledge their prize through an email within 7 days of receiving the official intimation from DNA. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the prize and a new winner will be selected.
Judging will be based on the following criteria
1. Originality 2. Creativity & Interpretation 3. Relevance to Theme 4. Visual Impact
Prizes & Accolades
Cash Prizes | Distinction e-Certificates | National & International Exhibitions | Cash Honorariums for Art Teachers/Co-ordinators | SDG DNA Action Awards for Schools | Appreciation Letters for School Administration/ Teachers/ Coordinators
International Prize Money Awards
A total of 9 cash prizes will be awarded to 3 top winners from each of the following three mentioned categories (Category I - III).
1st Prize: USD $200 + Distinction e-Certificate + Exhibitions in Pakistan & Internationally.
1st Prize: USD $100 + Distinction e-Certificate + Exhibitions in Pakistan & Internationally.
1st Prize: USD $50 + Distinction e-Certificate + Exhibitions in Pakistan & Internationally.
- Participants will also receive the Best Creativity Awards for showing the best creative artwork
- Participants will also be awarded the Best SDGs Solutions Award for presenting the best solutions to global problems related to the given themes
- 100+ selected artworks will be exhibited in Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi in galleries.
- Each exhibition runner-up will receive an e-Distinction e-Certificate.
- e-Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
International School Winners
Each school-level winner will be awarded a cash prize of $50 and DNA's Distinction e-Certificate and the artwork will be displayed on our online DNA's Global Children's Art Gallery.
(Please note that International prize winners are not eligible for International school winners. A minimum of 100 entries is a must from a school campus in order to be eligible for the school winners.)
Special Accolades for School's Principals/Coordinators/Art Teachers
- Upon submitting a minimum of 100 artworks from a school;
- The School Principal will receive an Art for Change e-certificate of Appreciation.
- Each Art Teacher contributing a minimum of 100 entries will receive a cash honorarium of USD $100/- along with an e-Certificate of Appreciation for making a positive change in society and supporting marginalized children in a developing country.
- The respective School will be awarded a special School Appreciation e-Letter.
Exclusive SDG DNA Action Award for Schools
Each school contributing a minimum of 200 entries or above will be crowned with an Exclusive SDG DNA Action Award Letter and a special mention on Discovering New Artists' website as a Global Change-Maker School List.
All Art teachers participating will be added on our website as International Change-makers.
All International prizes and accolades are the same for all international countries including Bangladesh.
Extended Submission Deadline
You can submit your artwork(s) by
Monday, 5th December 2022
No artworks will be accepted after the deadline
Fee per Art Entry: USD $6.00/- Or BDT 630/-
Discount: upon 30 entries from each school, the discounted submission fee is USD $5.00/- or BDT 530/-
The fee can be paid online through our partner organisation; either through Bkash No. or Direct Bank Transfers;
Bkash no: +8801745266875
Account name: Grow Your Reader
Bank Account #: 1551204734338001
Bank name: Brac Bank LTD.
Bank Address: Uttara Jashimuddin Avenue Branch
Bank Region: Dhaka
Bank Country: Bangladesh
SWIFT Code: BRAKDBDH
Note: Once you make a payment, please send in your payments screenshot or receipt to Ms. Sadia Jafrin at email@example.com or if you have any query, please feel free to contact Grow Your Reader Foundation team at +8801745266875.
File Formats for Submissions:
- Images of the artwork should be clear and of high quality. Blurred or moving images will not be accepted.
- Images with watermarks and stamps will not be accepted. Images should be properly cropped from edge to edge of the artwork, and should not show unnecessary content like tables, walls, and any other background where a picture is taken.
- Images in JPEG, JPG, or PNG formats will only be accepted.
- The images should be taken in bright natural light indoors and should be an accurate representation of the original artwork.
- Please use the following format for naming files
- Participant’s full name_age_country
- For example:
- Sarah Haider_12_Pakistan
- Please use the following format for naming files
Submission Address (only for the selected participants after Jury)
For all the selected artworks, please attach the artwork submission form at the back of the artwork. If your artwork is selected as a winner or for the exhibition, we will request you to mail it to us at the given address before a specific date in an email. Therefore, do not forget to mention your email in the registration form.
Ms. Sidra Ali (Director Programmes)
Art for Change Submissions
Discovering New Artists
50-E, Sui Gas Society (Near DHA Phase V)
Tel: +92 322 4102159 | +92 335 414 2241