Heritage sites, most importantly, give children a sense of pride and a greater awareness of their local area and the heritage contained within it. Heritage and its history give young children a greater awareness of the history surrounding these institutions, and gives them a wider awareness of the issues that faced, are facing and will face the world they are growing up in – it can provide an awareness of national issues that they might otherwise find hard to possess. It is also important to highlight that awareness of heritage and local history can give children a sense of national identity – it gives them something in common with other groups that they otherwise might not identify with, either because of the lack of common ground, or the lack of reason to do so.
Education and art programs are the best ways to introduce heritage to children at the grass-root level. Therefore, this year, Art for Change invites all budding artists between 4-15 years from all across the World to draw/paint on the theme "Local & World Heritage" and show their heritage countries' heritage sites to the World through their drawing/painting and through Art for Change exhibition.
This year's theme is "Local & World Heritage".
Children may draw/paint heritage sites at a local or at a national level in their own countries. They can also draw/paint local/world heritage sites of other countries, however, sites from their own countries are preferred.
Category-I: 4 - 6 Years
Category-II: 7 - 9 Years
Category-III: 10 - 12 Years
Category-IV: 13 - 15 Years
Category-V: 4 - 9 Years (Special Needs)
Category-VI: 10 - 15 Years (Special Needs)
Rules & Guidelines
- Age Limit: Eligibility of participants ranges from 4 – 15 years of age.
- Number of Entries: Participants may submit up to a maximum of 2 art entries with each entry having a separate submission form and submission fee.
- Size of Artwork: Only A3 size (12” inches x 17” inches) sheets should be used for all types of artworks. Any other size will automatically be disqualified.
- Medium: The work may be drawn or painted in pencil, pen, charcoal, crayon, pastel, watercolor, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster color, and collage. We are looking for hand-drawn colorful artwork- they should not use digital tools to create their artwork. For display purposes, colorful entries are preferred. Only 2D artworks will be accepted.
- The entries employing colors that can be dusted or wiped off or that could dirty other entries when dealt with together must be fixed.
- Submission Forms: Works of art must be labeled using the artwork submission form which should be filled in fully and neatly. Please do not write on the front of the artwork. Any artwork having a name on the front will be disqualified.
- Any artwork received with incomplete or without the submission form will not be accepted.
- Judging: The entries will be judged by a panel of senior jury artists. The entries will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity and imagination, relevance to the theme, and visual impact.
- Discovering New Artists reserves copyrights on all submitted pieces. No artwork & entry fee will be returned or refundable.
- All work will remain the property of the Discovering New Artists which may use, sell, or exhibit them for appropriate purposes within its own activities.
- Mailing Art Entries: All entries should be dropped off at the school office or mailed to Discovering New Artists before the deadline.
- All schools are responsible for submitting a separate list of participants in order to receive the participation certificates. In order to avoid spelling errors and additional courier charges, DNA will provide blank participation certificates to the schools.
- Discovering New Artists is not responsible if some works do not reach them.
- Announcement: The results will be announced on our website and Facebook page. All the selected school entries will be notified through their school emails. Only individual entries will be notified on their emails. Non selected entrants will not be notified of the results.
- School winning prizes, special mention badges, and the certificates will be sent directly to the schools, however, national prizes and selected artworks for the national and international exhibitions will be awarded at the opening ceremonies held at three different cities across Pakistan (only applicable for national entries).
Judging will be based on the following criteria
1. Originality 2. Creativity & Interpretation 3. Relevance to Theme 4. Visual Impact
Prizes & Accolades
30 Cash Prizes | 3 Regional Trophies | 150 Medals of Excellence | National & International Exhibition |Cash Honorariums for Art Teachers | School Winners
Cash Prize (School Winners)
30 cash prizes will be awarded to 5 top winners from each of the above following six categories (Category I - VI).
1st Prize: 10,000 PKR + Medal + Display of Artwork in Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
2nd Prize: 8,000 PKR + Medal + Display of Artwork in Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
3rd Prize: 6,000 PKR + Medal + Display of Artwork in Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
4th Prize: 4,000 PKR + Medal + Display of Artwork in Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
5th Prize: 2,000 PKR + Medal + Display of Artwork in Exhibitions across Pakistan and Internationally.
Cash Prize (School Winners) - (Only Applicable for Private School)
1 school winner will be awarded a cash prize of PKR: 2,000/- from each school and the artwork will be displayed online at DNA Global Children’s Art Gallery.
*Please note that school winners are only eligible from private schools. National winners are not eligible for this prize.
3 Regional School Trophy Awards for Schools – School with the most entries received will win this title.
Special Accolades for Schools Principals/ Coordinators/ Art Teachers/ Students
- Upon submitting a minimum of 100 artworks from a school;
- The School Principal will receive an Art for Change trophy.
- Each Art Teacher contributing a minimum of 100 entries will receive a cash honorarium of PKR. 5000/- (Only applicable for Private Schools).
- Certificate of Appreciation will be given to one coordinating official from each school in the ‘Art for Change’ competition.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to each participating student.
- Each selected participant for the exhibition will receive a ‘Medal of Excellence’.
- Discovering New Artists will exhibit the top 150 selected artworks in exhibitions at national and international platforms.
- Art for Change special badges will be awarded to an additional 500 student runner-ups.
You can submit your artworks by
Tuesday, 20th November 2020
No artworks will be accepted after the deadline
Fee Per Art Entry: Rs. 500/-
Please note that a minimum of 20 entries is a must from each school to participate in order to be eligible for the School Winners.
For all cities in Pakistan, the fee can only be submitted in the following ways;
1. Demand Draft ONLY drawn in the name of ‘Discovering New Artists’.
2. Direct Online Bank Transfer
Bank Name: Bank Alfalah Limited
Account Title: Discovering New Artists
IBAN # PK82 ALFH 01460016788202
No cross-cheques will be accepted as part of the submission fee from the schools.
Note: Demand Draft and/or Original Online Bank Transfer receipt should be delivered along with the artwork submission.
Attach the artwork submission forms at the back of the artworks and fill out the school registration form (only for school submission) and send your artworks along with the fee receipt to the following address;
Ms. Sidra Ali (Director Programmes)
Art for Change Submissions
Discovering New Artists
50-E, Sui Gas Society (Near DHA Phase V)